- BOOK BLOG COLLABORATION -

Saturday, July 30, 2016


YA book of my choice to Review: The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden By Jessica Sorensen


So, Here is a bit of back story: Is their love meant to be?
GoodReads Blurb: 

For Kayden, suffering in silence was the only way to survive. If he was lucky, he could keep his head down, do as he was told, and make it through the day. But one night it seemed like his luck -- and his life -- might finally end... until an angel named Callie appeared just in time to rescue him.

Callie has never believed in luck. Not since her twelfth birthday when everything was taken from her. After the worst was over, she locked up her feelings and vowed never to tell anyone what happened. Now, six years later, she continues to struggle with the painful secret that threatens to consume her.

When fate lands Kayden and Callie at the same college, Kayden is determined to get to know the beautiful girl who changed his destiny. Quiet and reserved, Callie still fears letting anyone else into her world. But Kayden is certain that Callie has come back into his life for a reason. And the more he tries to be a part of her life, the more he realizes that, this time, it's Callie who needs to be saved...
 


REVIEW: This book is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. The story was unique and inspiring, I could not put the book down and read way into the early hours of the next morning! It was quite a powerful book as some problems arise but the passion between Callie and Kayden is undeniable and indescribable, they   are   just   meant   to   be   together!! The passion between these two stayed with me for months after, I would think about this book so so much and to me, if you find it hard to let go and move on from a book, it means it was a great one! The way Jessica Sorensen writes and tells a story is one which needs to be praised - She is majorly talented and has produced many well written books. I loved loved loved this book and I recommend it to everyone. I give it 5/5 stars!






 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Review of the YA book/blurb Gabby has picked: Whisper to Me By Nick Lake
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26030238-whisper-to-me?ac=1&from_search=true
GoodReads blurb: Cassie is writing a letter to the boy whose heart she broke. She’s trying to explain why. Why she pushed him away. Why her father got so angry when he saw them together. Why she disappears some nights. Why she won’t let herself remember what happened that long-ago night on the boardwalk. Why she fell apart so completely.

Desperate for his forgiveness, she’s telling the whole story of the summer she nearly lost herself. She’s hoping he’ll understand as well as she now does how love—love for your family, love for that person who makes your heart beat faster, and love for yourself—can save you after all

My Review/thoughts: 
My first thoughts of the blurb is that it sounds like a really powerful book, it seems like it would have a great storyline but the blurb also doesn't seem to give much away! I like that it mentions love for family, yourself and people or a person that make your heart beat faster :) That is a powerful thing for a person and their growth in life. I want to get my hands on this book as everyone in the world loses themselves but it is up to us as humans to find that again but it does happen eventually. This book sounds brilliant! Good Choice Gabby!

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Questions answered by Gabby: 

1. What made you want to create a Instagram book account?

G- I started my bookstagram during my summer break after year 12. I had a lot of free time and decided that it would be a fun thing to do. I followed a lot of bookstagram accounts and found them so aesthetically pleasing that I wanted to make my own. The longer I did it for, the more invested I became. I love reading, taking photos of books, and being able to recommend these books to my followers. Out of all my platforms, my Instagram would have to be my favourite.

2. What is your favourite thing about books and reading? 

G- My favourite thing about reading is getting lost in a world completely different to my own. I just think there's nothing better than becoming so invested in a books characters and story line that you want to do nothing else but read that book. I love the book and reading community and being able to talk about my favourite books to other readers.
 - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

TIPS TO MAKE READING RELAXING AND COZY:
1. Make yourself a cup of Tea
2. In winter have cozy warm pjs on and a warm snuggly blanket - In Summer, read outside on a mat or table and chairs (A cold ice tea or even a normal tea if you want to brave the heat, is a good idea)
3. DO NOT HAVE YOUR PHONE NEAR YOU!
4. Take a good chuck out of your day to read and just do you, take time for yourself and enjoy it!
5. Make the most of reading when there is no noise around - I know most of us have brothers or sisters or parents who do not always understand the essence of being quiet, so I would say make the most of it. 
:)


If you don't already follow me on Instagram, it is @nataliabeth
Go an follow me and check out my pictures because the post/picture about this blog post will have a question underneath it, whatever it is you have to answer it in 25 words or less and Gabby will pick her own question and winner (who's answer she likes the best) and same goes with me - Whoever's answer is the best, will get a shout out, on the person's account they posted on and (Won). :) 

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT GABBY ON INSTAGRAM AT +Read Books Read 

If you want to contact me regarding more collaborations contact me on my Instagram book account! Also check out Gabby's account also, she will be tagged in the post I do/ will have announcing this blog post, so keep a look out :)!!!!!


LOVE NATALIA XO 

You Might Also Like

0 comments