Christmas

Wednesday, December 23, 2015


D   E   C   E   M   B   E   R
Christmas
Presents, Movies, Songs and Food ideas: 




As you may be aware, it is only -days until Christmas!!! Say what?? How exciting! For some it is an amazing and exciting time of the year, for some, they get a bit stressed out and worry about not getting everything done. 
I am doing a christmas blog post, because I personally love this time of year and want to share my thoughts, knowledge and tips for the christmas time.



PRESENTS


First, I'm going to start with presents. Whether you are shopping for a family member or good friend, it's important to think about what you are going to get. I personally, like to think of something that means something to the person or choose something in which I know they need. 
For example: If your father likes cooking and being in the kitchen then - anything to do with the kitchen is a good idea/ maybe a new (better) knife set or a new gadget for the kitchen.
For your mum: If you don't know one exact thing that she is interested in or if she has not hinted at anything then - I would go for the good old, set of pjs, candles, books and or/ a nice mug etc. These items are nice because they are items in which tend to calm people, they are relaxing and lets be honest - you can never get sick of receiving a new pj set, a book, a new candle and a new mug!?

Now siblings can be hard, if any of you out there have a brother or two like me then you will know they will most likely always ask for money - (So they can buy what they want), however, I hate doing that so I always try and opt for something they need/have wanted in the past and never gotten or just something to do with technology.
For sisters: In a way, sisters as siblings can be like your mum, likes a pjs set, candle for christmas etc - you don't have to spend much to get a good present and one that you have actually thought of. 

FOR ALL OF THESE PRESENT IDEAS - places like Kmart, Target and Big W are a great idea to look at/ especially this time of year!! These stores provide for every type of want or need.







MOVIES

You know it's christmas time when all the classic christmas movies start showing up on your tv. The good old, deck the halls, all of the santa clauses and Elf! But I'm going to let you in on my favourite movies to watch around this time of year, the ones that I consider to be stand outs.

1. 





2. 





3. 






4. 





5. 



Okay, these are my top 5 christmas movies/ obviously there are more however, as I have gotten older I have no watched the santa clause and the grinch, the christmas home alone etc. But do whatever you enjoy :) 




SONGS

Obviously the main christmas tune and album every year is Michael Buble's christmas special, but again - it is easy to get over it!! So listed below will be a few others which will mix it up a bit: (They are not in any order)
1. Ariana Grande  - Santa tell me 
2. Ariana Grande -  Last christmas
3. Band aid 30   -  Do they know its christmas time
4. Celine dion    - Oh holy night 
5. James Taylor  - Deck the halls 
6. Billy Idol        - Jingle bell rock
7. Mariah Carey  - (All of her christmas songs in general)
8. Elvis presley  - Here comes santa claus 
9. Billy Mack     - Christmas is all around 
10. Darlene Love -  Home alone 2 soundtrack/ All alone on christmas







FOOD

Of course, food at christmas time is important - I mean, you have to make enough food to feed all of the family and possibly some friends also - I mean, feed them until they are in a food coma because that is apart of christmas, right? Eating way too much good food and feeling sleepy after. I know a lot of people make different foods for their family christmas time, but I thought I would put together a few recipes of food I have experienced around this time of year, the recipes are not exactly the same but very similar. So here goes: 

1. Spinach Cob Loaf/



2. Honey Baked Ham (Note: this recipe is a little different, my family just does honey baked ham, but this also is a good idea.


3. Trifle (Note: this recipe is different, but the one my family does has jelly in it like this one, but again - there is so many different ideas)


4. Rum Balls 


5. Potato Salad (Again, a different recipe however, all homemade potato salad is better than buying it at the shops) 




6. Christmas Puddings




Wishing you ALL a MERRY CHRISTMAS - Hope you like some of the suggestions above and hope this was any help to anyone out there...if anyone actually looks at my blog.. Either way, enjoy!!!!

From Natalia xx 


You Might Also Like

0 comments