Listen to it

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Listening to your heart is an important concept and thing in life. For example: your heart will gesture to you if a guy is not suitable for you, it will alarm you that your doing too much as your body does also, it guides you when making some choices in life and most importantly helps with hard or difficult decisions like where you want your career path to go, if you should like this person, if you should study or do something else in life, if you should be-friend this person and if you need help with anything,....it's there..just like the man above :)

I'm writing this because I listened to my heart when I wasn't enjoying/didn't want to keep studying a business degree, I listened to it and did something about it. My heart wasn't in it (as they say), and so I changed courses to a writing degree after studying business for one whole year. It was the best decision I ever made. Reason being:
- I felt like I was where I wanted and needed to be/ when I first was joined into the writing university facebook group, it blew my mind and I was ecstatic that I was around (not literal) so many people that were so like minded, who liked writing (even loved), who loved reading and books, who wrote and had books published, who had work published in magazines and just who loved the whole concept of writing.

It was mind blowing and amazing to me.

Now looking back a few months ago when it was the start of my university year as a 2nd year student, I could not have predicted how my life would be know and the amazing opportunities that have come my way. I believe it came from being blessed by the man above and knowing he has a plan for me and also working hard to get where I am and feeling so passionate about writing and reading and words in general.

At the start of my 2nd year of university, I heard back from my universities magazine after having requested to be a contributor for it the previous year, though nothing ever happened. Though this year, I heard back (different person running it) and I have been writing articles for about 5 months now - it is amazing!! and not to mention it has been incredible experience and something which I will always treasure with me and honestly don't think I ever want it to end but I can't be at university forever,..can i?

SOOO, fast forward to about a month ago when I lost my job at s hospitality restaurant type place, I didn't lose it because I was bad or did something, it was generally because they were struggling and had to many staff hired when it first opened and another reason being I was getting paid a lot because they didn't have any part time staff, just a few full timers and all the rest were casuals and we all know what that means hah.

I surprisingly didn't feel down or sad, I felt no emotion really which felt strange but I guess it's better than feeling sad etc. Previous to getting let go, I had started applying for jobs and often when looking for jobs I would search 'Writer' on seek or indeed, just out of curiosity and always wondered about it. When applying for a job you want or would love as it is something your passionate about etc it is hard to just click apply and do it. But I took the leap and did it, it felt so good guys like so so good to go for it and not to have any worry. Because we as humans can actually do anything that we set out mind to and we have to stop doubting ourselves, where did doubt come from anyway? why do we do it?


After getting let go, one of my main worries was not being able to meet rent and help my mum out but I knew deep down that god has me and he will provide for me, that he has a plan for me and everything will work it self out because even in the bad and down days, it does get better and it doesn't stay.
I was at a cafe at my local shopping centre and my mum and abuela were having coffee, I remember checking my phone and having seen a missed call and a voice mail.
I listened to it and it felt like I was stuck in time, like the world stopped ahah and in that moment, I listened to something that, I didn't know then but would change my life in one way or the other. It was my dream job guys!!

I went through interview and tests to more interviews and reference checks and I am so blessed!!! Ah I can not wait to start.......;) I got it!!

SO, basically what I am saying is LISTEN TO THAT PRECIOUS HEART OF YOURS. It can guide your way, it will push you and your comfort zone but you just have to believe, seriously!

My mum's good friend is so lovely and always so supportive but I was told that she told her son about this whole journey of mine recently and that it encouraged him to go for his dream job, a career that he never thought he would make it in and guess what, he will be working his dream job not too far from now and it honestly just shows that you have to take the leap, just do it (as Nike says)

I know we hear about following our hearts and or taking the leap but if you actually, truly do it then who know's what will happen :) :) Great things, I'm sure of it.

One more thing - when I changed courses from business to writing, a parent of mine was not happy and did not agree with it and blah blah - basically was super negative and without that out of my life for a while now, so many amazing things have happened and I was talking to my brother recently and  I mentioned about this particular parent being negative and looking at where I am now and feeling amazing because I did it and didn't listen to this negativity (I mentioned it cause have to see soon at a family event) and my brother said something wise which stuck to me -


He said the reason they don't want you to follow your dreams, is because they didn't follow theirs.


Just think about it a moment, that is huge like so HUGE.



Anyways, I wanted to come on and tell whoever reads this to jump for the stars, take the leap, just do it, go for it - because in all honesty, WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE???



;D



You Might Also Like

0 comments