Love of Literature

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Hello Blog readers,

I am so happy because I finally am able to read books again (I had to stop as had to do a huge amount of reading for university but that is over) yipee! well for now anyways!

At the moment, I'm reading - The Secret History but Donna Tartt!! I have seen this book mentioned quite a few times and read that some people have read it over 6 times and some use it as a way to get out of a reading slump (which they do suck) though it is a good idea, I mean, if we find that one book that we adore and cherish, a book that we can read and get out of a slump and keep reading...why would you not do it? 

I'm not that far in as of yet, though can I just say the writing is magical, almost poetry like?! When you read it, it is like your floating on a cloud, or more so - the words are floating on a cloud over your tongue as you read it.

For example: Here are a little snippets of the book - 

- I sat on the bed during the twilight while the walls went from gray to gold to black.

- When i came out of the store, i was happy to find that i still had nearly one hundred dollars. should i go to the bookstore? to the movies? buy a bottle of scotch? in the end, i was so swarmed by the flock if possibilities that drifted up murmuring and smiling to crowd about me on the bright autumn sidewalk that - like a farm boy flustered by a bevy of prostitutes




Ah it's magical!! - I recommend reading it and giving it a try!! Ah even the pages are filled with wonder. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments