You

Friday, November 13, 2015

I believe that throughout life, there is always going to be memories and times that remind you of people. When thinking about it, I guess that memories do last a very long time. You, the way you held my hand, the fun we had together at Wet n wild, the laughs we had on Friday night's, the (skating) events and me totally feeling like I could be myself. Printing out a photo of us and sticking it into my school journal, scribbling your face out when you broke up with me....which was not because we were sick of each other or that we liked someone else, but because someone else did it. Being in the car while dropping you home, your smile. When I'm near your area, my brain feels like it's constantly full of you. The thought of you, the thought of possibly seeing you.

Isn't it funny but true, how everyone is on a different road in life. When a person suddenly comes back into your life, one way or the other and not necessarily literally into your life but just there, making them self known, it is easy for one to not want to go back in that place, back into the past, for one to believe that they (now) are in a good place and in a way moved on with life. However, when we want any connection again, we are to late. Everyone is on a different road, and sometimes when you don't do things in the moment, it can be lost.
As, I see you have moved on with your life and moved places, each day goes by that I want to 'bump' into you, that maybe there is a chance to see you. Not for anything, just to see you. I don't know about you, but all these years later I feel like we never really got the chance to say what we really wanted to say. We were young, compared to now - we didn't know any better.

I find myself, wanting to talk to you, wanting to tell you everything going on in my life because you know it was years ago and quite a bit has changed since I knew you. I feel myself, feeling a piece of you still in my heart, because you were special to me and you or me, didn't  'end things', which is also a complicated story. So many things remind me of you...being in my hometown, at my local beach now, makes me think of you. As, I go there doing whatever it is, I find myself 'keeping an eye out'....There are a few places which hold memories and moments with you.

You are the town across the border, you are the theme park wet n wild, you are every skate park I see, you are my skateboard , you are the bridge (the anchorage) where we used to jump off, you are the hand in mine,and the hand around my waist.
It is crazy how for years you can forget about someone, maybe you pushed the memories and them to the back of your head, maybe it hurt too much to bring up again or maybe you didn't want to remember anything at the time.  However, I'm finding that the memories, the moments, you - are coming back to me, to bite me and now stuck in my brain.
I wonder writing this if, moments or memories in the past can leave you forever, no coming back? Why do they stay? (the memories, you may want to forget? 

Maybe only the good memories stay forever. I'm beginning to find that the bad memories leave, they fade and the good ones stay. When thinking about people or past relationships, the good memories are the ones that come to mind,, first. They are the ones that matter, I guess it made for great adventures and experiences in your life, some in which you would have never had, if you never met the person. I wonder if the people we think about, the ones that did mean something to us once in our life, I  wonder if they think about us. Did they forget the memories, the good times? or dd they lose them in their head? 

No matter where I am in my life, I find i come across the thought of you. Sometimes it freaks me out but other times, it's quite nice to remember the good times. I don't think people from your past, ever really leave, no matter what there is always going to be a piece of them in your heart. I guess, having pieces of different people in your heart, make you the person you are today. You may have realised you like a new sport, or like to go on adventures, like to swim, like to watch movies, you may have realised that you have grown as a person and that you have expanded your thinking, your skills in life.
Maybe like this picture, all of the past relationships whether it be a friendship or a girl and guy relationship - maybe they all join like puzzle, it connects to one another and makes you who you are today? 




I found a quote which relates to this blog post, it says - Our memories, are gifts that show us life, even through the toughest times, its worth living - Chrissle Pinney



Every experience you have, becomes a memory. 
Do the memories come back for a reason and why at the time, did it come up, did it pop into your brain? What triggered it? 



From Natalia xo

ps: Feel free to leave a comment :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments