Life is art

Monday, November 28, 2016

Lately, I realised that life is art. It just depends on the way you look at it. Right now, I'm sitting on the lounge, looking out into my back garden at the grey rainy sky, the dark green trees and making sure there are no snakes around...


I never really understood what people meant when they said they watch people, the way they move, interact, smile, laugh, their emotions, their personality, their way of life. Lately, I have been watching people, the couple walking past barefoot together in a shopping centre, the brother pulling away his sister from a sign because he really wanted her to sit down, workers working hard, people surrounded by their families and new humans that are being welcomed into this crazy world. 

If I have been looking at you I am very sorry but you're probably just interesting to me. A writer is always watching.

As of recently, I got an incredible email and had an awesome opportunity come up which I have taken by the hand and am going for it. However, it made me realise that the decisions we make it life are right for us, even when it might not be right for our parents, siblings, partners or friends. It has to be right for you.

When I decided to transfer courses from a business degree to a writing degree, I did it because I wanted to study something that I am passionate about, something I enjoyed and something I would love to do throughout my life, even if it is on the side.

Some family members didn't agree with what I was doing and ultimately that was the start of a relationship ending for now ....or however long it takes for me to recover completely. 

I never doubted myself, but now I know 100% that it was the right choice for me and it was the right thing to do. My life has grown soo much since changing courses, I have learnt so much and changing to something I am passionate about is showing in my grades.

I watch people because the writing in me, the passion in me makes me haha - so if you see me looking at you, it's because you're interesting, your making some kind of art in some weird form whether it be by smiling.

Since getting a job, I have met so many cool/nice/awesome people and it is probably the first time in my life where I am not embarrassed about studying something that I love and am passionate about.



A  lot  has   been   going   through   my    mind..



Natalia xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments